Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This year's competition will be hosted by ....... 2020
KLLN's Novel Knockout Competition
The librarians from thr KL international schools have a group called Kuala Lumpur Library Network. Each year they organise a competition for fiction enthusiasts.
There are two levels of competition:
- Elementary school- for Years 5 - 6
- Middle school - for Years 7 - 9
Each school can enter two teams of four students at each level of competition.
During the competition there are two types of questions all of which are answered as a team:
- Envelope questions
Envelopes containing 10 questions about each book are opened when instructed. These free response questions are answered against the clock in less than 3 minutes - a bonus of 10% is added if the team's answers are submitted in less than 2 minutes.
- Table questions
80 randomised multiple questions are launched as the competition stars on iPads using the Socrative app. The teams can continue to answer these questions throughout the first six envelope rounds.
Each envelope question has a value of 1 mark whereas each table question has a value of ¼ of a mark.
2020 Middle School Titles
- All Rise For The Honorable Perry T. Cook
- by Leslie Connor - realistic fiction
- It Wasn't Me
- - by Dana Alison Levy - realistic fiction
- by Steve Sheinkin - non fiction
- The Night Diary
- by Veera Hiranandani - multicultural fiction
- by Nidhi Chanani - graphic novel
- The Survival Game
- by Nicky Singer - Science Fiction & Dystopian Fiction
- Warrior Boy
- by Virginia Clay - multicultural fiction
- The Weight Of Our Sky
- by Hanna Alkaf - multicultural fiction